Tender and Estimating Enquiry Form
Robert Higgins will price prepare tender, estimating, bill of quantities and contract documents, including lump sum cost and pre-designed works scheme assist in establishing client’s specifications, perform risk analysis, advice on pre-construction procurement strategy, identify implications of BIM, BREEAM, health and safety and CDM regulations, cost reconciliations, final accounts. When the project is in progress, we will keep track of any variations to the contract that may adversely affect costs and create reports to show profitability. We will add significant value and solutions.
Robert Higgins professional sector and services is on your side to add depth and structured communication to the build process no matter how big or small the project is, you need a reliable, experienced, integral contractor to drive all aspects of scheduling and programme that will make a successful project. On time and on budget. Our quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from date.
If you need advice or a quote, we offer fixed price certainty and we can assist in turning your project into a reality. Contact us today for possible savings of up to 30% off your build costs like-for-like quote.
Please complete the tender enquiry form below. Please note we currently only accept PDF files.
Sending documents (please note we only accept PDF documents)
When sending us documents less than 20mb email is preferred, for larger documents we suggest to use https://wetransfer.com/
Project Build Planner Guide - Complete Package Guarantee
Our unique approach is the most popular and trusted way to engage your Project Build Planner Guide Complete Package. We will construct; design and build; new build; renovate; convert and extend.
Our commitment to fixed price certainty when a contract is agreed in advance with a clear specification to your project, our quoted price will not change through your project, expect if you change the approved specification.
Preparing and calculating your build cost budget, with a fixed price 30% discount, ensuring your project complies with statutory regulations.
Pre-Construction | Site Possession and Access
• Site Management
• Site insurance, Health & Safety plan, Welfare, etc.
• Clear site access.
• Set up site accommodation and equip with drawings and safety equipment.
• Set up amenities.
• Secure lock-up/lorry container to be positioned.
• Considerate, keep public and site, clean, tidy and safe areas.
• Groundworkers create site access.
• Clear site and strip vegetable soil; stacking material to be retained out of the way.
• Water Board to bring supply to stopcock on boundary.
• Plumber to connect temporary water supply.
• Electricity provider to bring temporary supply on boundary.
• Electrician to connect temporary supply.
• Surveyor marks out building on cleared site and transfers the lines to profiles well
clear of any construction work.
• Material storage area to be safe, tidy and secure.
• Bring in bricks and blocks and stack clear of future construction.
• Set up mixer station close to cement store and sand heap.
• Position dry silo mix mortar, renders and screeds area.
• Groundworkers excavate foundations.
• Wait for approval of building control and warranty inspectors.
• Position any reinforcement bars, mesh or cages in the trenches.
• Position any compressible material or slip membranes required within the trenches.
• Lay ducts for services to enter through the foundations.
• Arrange foot scaffold if necessary and shutter for any steps in the foundations.
• Arrange concrete pumping.
• Pour concrete footings and tamp to level.
• Over-site concrete slab to foundation.
• Obtain approval from building/warranty inspectors to proceed.
• Bricklayers build up foundation blockwork to damp-proof course.
• Install cranked air vents.
• Install drainage exit lintels.
• Fill cavities with lean-mix concrete to level with external ground level.
• Bed and lay damp-proof courses, linking these with any radon membranes or
Start the Superstructure
• Groundworkers to dig service trenches and lay pipes and ducts to proposed
• Load out concrete floor beams to each bay and position.
• Install drainage and vent pipes proud of the oversite.
• Infill floor beams with blocks.
• Lay coursing blocks and position ventilator grilles.
• Brush grout.
• Arrange for building control/warranty inspection.
• Commence building superstructure.
• Install templates for future windows and doors etc.
• First lift of scaffolding required.
• Bricklayers continue superstructure brickwork and blockwork, including work on any
• Install and bed lintels, including fireplace lintels.
• Install flue liners as work proceeds.
• Build in meter boxes for gas and electricity.
• Electrician to install temporary consumer unit within electricity meter box.
• Service suppliers to carry out their work to the boundary.
• Plumber to reroute water supply to stopcock position.
• Electricity providers to install meter and connect.
• Second scaffolding lift required.
• Arrange crane to lift first floor beams and materials into position or location (if
• Position the plasterboard batten clips.
• Lay infill blocks.
• Brush grout.
• Continue building superstructure to wallplate.
• Third and then fourth lift of scaffolding required.
• Wallplate to be scarfed, bedded and tied down with proprietary wallplate straps.
• Warranty inspection sometimes required.
• Carpenters to build end trusses as templates.
• Continue building up gable ends and chimney.
• Additional lifts of scaffolding required at the gable ends.
• Plumber to fit lead flashings, trays and skirts to chimney.
• Plumber to install vent pipes and flashing skirts as they come through the roof.
• Bricklayers to top out and fit chimney pot.
• Bricklayers to point chimney flashings.
• Carpenters to sling roof trusses, and trusses to be fixed down to wallplate.
• All binders and bracing to be fixed at node points.
• Layboards to be fixed to valleys.
• Dormers to be constructed at this point.
• Velux opening to be constructed at this point.
• Fascia and soffit to be fixed together with any necessary ventilation grilles or strips.
• Warranty inspection sometimes required.
• Any roof tanks must be installed at this point.
• Roofers begin to cut and lay undercloaking to the verges.
• Roofers to felt and batten.
• Tiles/slates to be laid.
• Ridge/hip tiles to be laid and bedded.
• Valley tiles to be laid, or fibreglass or lead valleys to be laid.
• Plumber to dress down flashings and skirtings.
• Decorators to paint/stain fascias, soffits and barges.
Exterior & Interior Fittings
• Plumbers to fix guttering.
• Window suppliers to fit external joinery.
• Plasterers to carry out any external rendering.
• Scaffolding to come down.
• Plumbers to fit downpipes and connect to drainage upstands/gullies.
• External decoration.
• Carpenters to commence first fix by fitting door linings, building any studwork
partitioning and fixing window boards.
• Carpenters to fix plasterboard noggins and box in vent pipes.
• Plumber and carpenter to liaise with building of any necessary stands in roof.
• Carpenter to fix loft trap.
• Plumbers to lay flooring membrane and insulation, taping all joints and sealing up to
the damp-proof course.
• Underfloor heating (UFH) loops to be laid and fixed.
• All first fix plumbing for hot and cold and waste within floor zones to be laid.
• Internal gas pipework installed.
• Ground source heat pump to manifold.
• UFH pipework to be brought to manifolds and outlet positions.
• Supply and fix company to pump in and lay level floor screed and leave for three
• Protective hardboard/cardboard to be laid on screed.
• Electrician to fix carcass wiring for lighting and power circuits together with all
• Consumer unit/units to be positioned.
• Wiring taken to external lighting points.
• TV aerial/satellite cables to be installed to required positions.
• Internal telephone and broadband wiring to be installed to required positions.
• Home entertainment/smart systems/alarms to be carcassed.
Drainage & External
• Groundworkers to begin digging the trenches for drainage runs.
• Ground source heat pump installation.
• Trenches backfilled to 150 mm with pea shingle.
• Drains laid to required falls.
• Brick/concrete section manholes constructed, or purpose-made manholes, rodding
eyes and gullies set in runs.
• Building inspector to approve laid drains.
• Drains haunched over with pea shingle.
• Drainage trenches backfilled.
• Work to connect to main sewer in road to be carried out by approved contractors.
• Carpenter to finish boxings and noggins ready for plasterer.
• Groundworkers to commence driveways and pathways.
• Bricklayer to build any fireplaces and hearths.
• Gas meter to be installed and connected.
• Plumbers and electricians to liaise on all cross bonding and earthing.
• Main staircase to be fitted by the carpenter and protectively covered.
• Dryliners/plasterers tack ceilings.
• All external and blockwork walls lined with plasterboard on dots and dabs.
• All studwork walls and pipe boxings tacked with plasterboard.
• All joints and angles filled, and scrim taped.
• All abutments of differential materials jointed with mesh.
• All joinery to be sealed internally and externally with mastic.
• Dryliners/plasterers to skim coat all walls and ceilings.
• Decorator to paint/treat backs of all skirting and architraves.
• All roofing insultation to be installed.
Second Fix Carpentry
• Carpenters hang internal doors.
• Skirting and architrave to be fitted by carpenters.
• Bottom tread of staircase to be fitted, balustrading and handrails to be fitted, as well
as linen cupboard shelving.
• Fit of loft door and ladder.
• Velux window to be installed, sun tunnels install.
• Timber floors to be laid by carpenters or specialists and protected.
• Ceramic floor tiles to be laid by specialist tilers and protected.
• Carpenters/specialist suppliers to fit/build built-in bedroom and bathroom furniture.
• Bespoke kitchen units to be fitted (if required).
• All wiring connected to consumer unit.
• Boiler to be positioned, plumbed and then wired in.
• Sink units to be plumbed in, earthed and cross bonded.
• All sanitary-ware to be fitted and plumbed in.
• Radiators and towel rails to be fitted and plumbed in.
• Underfloor heating loops to be connected to manifolds.
• Electrician to check cross bonding and earthing to all sanitary-ware, sinks, radiators,
• Ground source heating system connected.
• Boiler to be wired in; control systems and room thermostats to be wired in.
• Plumber and electrician to attend firing up and commissioning of boiler.
• All pipework and connections to be flushed through and pressure tested.
• Central heating to be left on ‘test’.
• Worktops, made from the previously taken templates, to be fitted.
• House to be thoroughly cleaned with all debris and dust removed to outside.
• Decorators to snag any holes, blemishes or rough patches on walls, making good.
• Internal timber to be sanded smooth or rubbed down with wire wool.
• Decorators to paint all walls and ceilings, mist plus two coats of emulsion.
• Internal timber to be knotted, painted, primed, undercoated and top coat glazed, or
internal timber to be two-coat stained.
• Specialist tilers to fix ceramic wall tiles to kitchen and utility.
• Baths to be filled, in order to settle, before tilers fix any wall/splashback tiles.
• Water meter to be installed.
• Groundworkers or landscape gardeners to level the ground and prepare.
• Topsoil from storage to be placed where required, with extra shipped if necessary.
• Site accommodation to be removed or re-sited if intended to use as a garden shed.
• Secure site storage to be returned to hirers.
• Groundworkers to completely driveway surface.
• Patio slabs to be laid.
• Bricklayers to build any required dwarf/decorative walling.
• Lawned areas to be levelled ready for seeding or turfed.
• Approved contractors to complete any bellmouth and kerbing to road.
• Whole house to be thoroughly cleaned out.
• All windows polished and all labels removed from glass and appliances.
• All polystyrene packaging to be removed from cookers.
• All stabilising bolts to be removed from washing machines/driers.
• Site toilet and any remaining plant on hire to be off-hired.
• Readings to be taken on all meters.
• Ground source heating switched on to run.
• Central heating switched to ‘run’.
• Telephone company to connect.
• Contractors to install TV aerials and/or satellite dishes, and broadband connection.
• All trades return to work through items on the snagging list.
• Carpets to be laid.
• Local authority to be advised of completion to arrange for council tax valuation.
• Energy Performance Certificate to be prepared and sent to building control.
• Building control final inspection and issuing of Completion Certificate.
• Warranty Inspector’s final inspection and issuing of warranty.
• Arrange protective covering for floor surfaces prior to delivery of furniture.
• Client handing over certificate.
• Client insurance policy cover to be in place.